Transplant Housing Grant
*Please note: We are not currently accepting applications.
Must be an adult patient diagnosed with a condition that requires organ transplantation and travel to a Bay Area hospital. Patients may be undergoing pre-transplant evaluation, in need of lodging for the mandated 3-month post-transplant stay, or experiencing extended hospital stays due to surgical complications and/or organ rejection.
Complete Transplant Housing Grant Application and obtain a referral letter from your care team.
* Grants are not provided on a financial basis, but on the center's assessment of patient needs.
How to Apply For Transplant Housing Grant
1. Download and complete the Transplant Housing Grant Application
2. Obtain a letter (on hospital letterhead) from a medical professional (i.e. doctor, transplant coordinator, or social worker) stating that the patient meets the requirements for the grant, why the Transplant Housing Grant is needed, and indicate the patient's current stage in the transplant process.
3. Send both the completed application and letter of referral to email@example.com
* Application will not be considered complete until both items have been received. Any funding approved for housing will be paid directly to the landlord. In the case of a past hotel stay, the grant may apply to reimbursement.